Monday, October 04, 2004

Episodes IV, V, VI

"George Lucas, on the other hand, is so obsessed with airbrushing history that at the end of the day, only Jar-Jar Binks will be left seated on the couch with Lenin." That's Jonathan Last reviewing the latest version of the original trilogy. Read the rest. Then, if you enjoyed that, read this. If not satiated, then go read some old columns of Jonah Goldberg on Star Trek (perhaps this one, or my personal favorite). Google a bit, and you'll discover there are a disturbing number of posts on conservative blogs about the politics and philosophy of various sci-fi universes.

Ok, my sci-fi nerd euphoria is wearing off now. I think I realized it was time to stop after reading this. Hopefully my next post will be about a [clears throat] serious policy discussion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home