Thursday, January 27, 2005

Waiting

Of late, I've been busy with more math than usual, partially explaining the sparse blogging has been sparse. The other reason is I haven't been particularly excited about things I've read over the last week. For example, Bush's inaugural speech was beautiful, but there was nothing new there. I'm waiting for the exciting stuff: the Iraqi election this weekend and Bush's State of the Union address next week.

Anyhow, I did come across a few good links yesterday:

Two takes on outgoing FCC Chairman Michael Powell at Reason.

Yet another social security reform proposal: I like it because participation is voluntary and it isn't financed by borrowing or increased taxes.

From the no-surprises dept.: Zarqawi hates democracy:
"We have declared a fierce war on this evil principle of democracy and those who follow this wrong ideology," Zarqawi declared in a statement. "Democracy is also based on the right to choose your religion," he said, and that is "against the rule of God."
At least he's honest about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home