Friday, January 01, 2010

The master's example:
By the way, Michael Nielsen has asked me how I assemble information. I read about 10-15 blogs a day and two or three major news sources and three or four link-intensive sites, such as The Browser. I receive a lot of emails from readers, which almost always I pursue. I've optimized my Twitter feed to find interesting links, which includes following Michael. Twitter has decreased the amount of time I spend browsing on the web. Most of all, I read lots and lots of books and plenty of magazines, in numerous areas, plus journal articles in fields I work in.
Alas, I don't think I could follow this example and stay employed. Even if I was independently wealthy, I doubt I could maintain Cowen's routine and still produce journal articles, as opposed to just reading them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home