Thursday, September 16, 2010

Regarding the mind

1) What do you tend to think about?
I think most people have one top idea in their mind at any given time. That's the idea their thoughts will drift toward when they're allowed to drift freely. And this idea will thus tend to get all the benefit of that type of thinking, while others are starved of it. ...[J]ust take a shower. What topic do your thoughts keep returning to? If it's not what you want to be thinking about, you may want to change something.

2) Why is it advantageous for humans to consciously think at all?

3) Is consciousness more like the punter of the brain than the quarterback of the brain?

4) What would happen if I habitually denied "I am happy/sad/etc" in favor of "my brain is telling me to be happy/sad/etc"?

5) Is artificial dreaming a prerequisite for strong AI?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home